Monday, April 19, 2010

FCP Tip #007: Sham Wow that Shift+Z is Awesome!

Hi, it's Vince here with an exciting new product from the makers of Sham Wow. It's called "Shift+Z 2000". Want to reveal the full expanse of your timeline in the sequence window in an instant? "Shift Z+2000" can help. Accidentally zoomed in on your viewer window when you thought you were in your sequence window and want to get it back to the way it was fast? "Shift+Z 2000" can help. Accidentally spilled some cola on your light colored carpet? Well, I guess you're screwed because we're talking about a keyboard shortcut here people. You always take the metaphor too far. I hate when you do that!

Anywho, what I'm trying to get across here is that shift+Z is useful in many situations, just like the Sham Wow. Hitting Shift+Z in your timeline zooms you out just far enough to see the entire timeline from beginning to end, no more, no less. And if you're sloppy like me, you accidentally zoom in on your viewer window thinking you're in the sequence window at least 10 times a day. Hitting shift+z after you do this in your viewer or canvas window, resizes the video in the window to fit perfectly. No matter how far zoomed in or out you were, it makes it "fit."

Tune in next week when I'll be back with, what I hope is, the Slap Chop of keyboard shortcuts. Oh and don't believe everything that you read, I didn't touch her. She fell down.

Couldn't mention Slap Chop without the payoff, could I?

1 comment:

  1. OK, this one's great if only for the viewer window thing alone. I hate it when that happens. This is a nice quick fix. Thanks again.

    PS. Can I also order two Slap Chops please, or is this the wrong venue for that? Is it me or do those things actually look useful?

    ReplyDelete