Monday, March 29, 2010

FCP Tip #004: Syncing clips with the difference composite mode

If you need to "eye match" a clip and want to get it done quickly and without error, this is a great way to do it in Final Cut Pro, Vegas, Premiere, After Effects or any program that has a "difference" composite mode or transparency mode.  I thought it best to show you rather than explain because frankly, I'm already confused.  Here's a handy video that explains everything you need to know. I guarantee it will make a difference in your editing life.


By the way, that is my buddy Ray. At least he used to be my buddy. I just realized how unflattering that footage is. Apparently, not everything that happens in Vegas stays there. Sorry pal. I just can't bear to record this again. Hey maybe you'll go viral...i can just see those crazy nose scratching vegas guy mash up videos now.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty sneaky, sis! Another incredibly useful tip. Plus you can make all kindsa weird psychedelic doohickeys with the Composite mode. Plus plus, if you do that with the audio as well, you could probably get some cool flanging soundage if you alter the second track by a millisecond or two. I don't for a fact that it's possible, but I aims to try.

    ReplyDelete