Friday, December 10, 2010

11 Shapes A-Shaping.

Ho, ho, ho!  Here is your next little Holiday gem my fellow AE enthusiast...

Making 3D shapes from scratch in After Effects can be achieved and can actually look good.  But most people avoid this tedious process or start and eventually give up.  One exception is my good friend Pete who worked for days, maybe even weeks to make a bunch of cubes that looked pretty darn good.  But, I doubt he'd be excited about repeating the process if he had to.  Well those days are gone thanks to some After Effects genius who has been kind enough to write a bunch of scripts that make creating cubes, pyramids, cylinders, spheres and more a one click process.  You can check them out and/or download them here.  You can choose how much to pay for these great scripts.  I paid $10, tried them out and then bought again for $10 because I thought they were so helpful. (Plus, the author's suggested price was $20)  Here is one of the many videos demonstrating these amazing scripts.



Check them all out at http://aescripts.com/create3dshapes/.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Okay, I think I'm going to have to watch this one a few dozen more times before I get the hang of it, but again, this is seriously useful stuff.

    ReplyDelete