Sunday, May 16, 2010

FCP Tip #009: The Gradient Wipe Demystified

It was such a gorgeous day today that I couldn't bear to stay inside typing this tip. So, I present a video tutorial instead. Not sure if it was actually any faster to produce, but like many of the things I do, it seemed easier in theory. Enjoy your new found gradient wiping ability my friends. If anyone knows a good source to get gradient-wipe-ready images please post a comment for the folks that don't have the handy collection that I do. Please note, if you find yourself longing for higher quality video than this YouTube version you can see a  huge, crystal-clear flash version here.

UPDATE:  It has come to my attention that unless you have had Final Cut Pro since version 3.0, the FX Scripts DVE's will not be installed.  I've been upgrading all along so they have stayed for me, but apparently a lot of you don't have them available in your Transitions menu.  Sadly, they are no longer free but are available, along with a whole host of other handy effects at www.cgm-online.com.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet! Nice to see you doing stuff for Creative Cow. They could use a guy like you. This stuff's seriously amazing, Dave. And I don't care if I'm the only one who thinks so. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this tip! I was wondering if you could do a color correction tutorial......i'm messing around with that at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brendan! I will start planning for a color correction tutorial. Keep the requests coming.

    ReplyDelete